Monday, May 20, 2013

The toughest but unforgettable flight travel.


Every flight travel that I have experienced was joyful except just one time. Since my first flight, going to the airport has been really exciting. Because all of them were for my holidays, so I always had felt great thrill. I’m majoring in air logistics, so experiencing various airports all over the world had been also great opportunity to broaden my perspective. Of course, all of them were smooth actually.

Before this trip to the United States, I didn’t have to concern about the weight of suitcase. Because my travel was only for 2 weeks travel at the longest. However, at that time I had to pack my suitcase with items which I need for 1 year! It was really hard to fit the weight condition. So even in the morning on departure, I was packing my luggage. Finally I finished my pack roughly, and I left my house to the airport with my parents.

At the check in desk, something I had been worrying happened. There was a family next to my check in desk and they were arguing with a staff about the extra charge because of their luggage weight. They kept asking why they had to pay the extra charge and the staff at the check in desk was also explaining the reason. And I knew that if the luggage overweight slightly, they don’t impose the charge, but my luggage weighed over 28kg. Because of this ugly atmosphere, I was preparing for paying the extra charge. However a staff who checked my luggage was keeping silent while she was working. Then she tagged my luggage without any mention! At that moment, our eyes met and my face was expressing somewhat anxious. Then she was holding her index finger on her lips with a light smile. And then she gave my boarding pass and told me. “Next time, you should make it”

After over 13 hours, I arrived at Detroit airport to transfer. I was really tired because it was my first time to travel over 10 hours by airplane. An incident happened there. Actually, I already knew that I had to put my liquid material which I had bought at the Incheon airport in the check-in luggage at Detroit airport.  However, at then I was too hectic because I had very short transit time. Undoubtedly, after I picked up my luggage I sent it without unpacking. After I found out this mistake, my luggage already was carrying to the airplane. So I was obliged to check in my carry on suit case with liquid material or throw the liquid things out. At then, I approached the transfer desk and asked. However, a staff said she would check in my carry on suitcase without any charge. At then she had a poker face but for me, she looked like an angel! 

If I have had to pay the extra charge for both of them, it wouldn’t have cost that much. However, two staffs who I met in this flight travel gave me the nice impression of the airline and I could begin life in the United States with feeling good. I’m not sure I would have another flight travel for long stay like this time, but memory of this flight travel I’ve had will last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment